Sunday, February 08, 2009

Princess Party ... x 2! Yikes!

On January 17, Jaydin had not one, but two parties to attend .... *dressed* as a princess. For a mom quite used to having boys, this was ummmm ... a challenge. :) So, I did what every 'princess-challenged' mom would do. I went to WalMart and bought a Disney princess dress - Aurora, to be exact (for those that can't place her, she's Sleeping Beauty - and wore pink.). Jaydin was thrilled, and the dress really didn't cost that much - and was worth it for me to not have to get something else together! It was going to be a cold day, so we bought some pink princess boots, too. Yes, I said 'boots.' I wasn't about to put her in those little, bitty, princess shoes on such a cold day. And ... under her dress, she had leggings (BLACK leggings!). LOL! You can't see them, and they kept her warm, so it was all good.

Wanna see some pictures? Yeah, I thought so.


See, you hardly notice the boots, and you can't see the leggings at all! :) That's my little princess right there.













The Limbo ... Princess style! Please notice the way she has her hands in this picture. Goodness. Can you *hear* me rolling my eyes?!















Ok .... this is NOT what it looks like. LOL! She's actually sitting on a balloon waiting for it to pop. She moved very little the whole time - but hers popped first! I guess she warmed it up good - like an egg.











Two princesses,. Aurora and Ariel, A.K.A. Jaydin and Sophia. Sophia was the first birthday girl of the day.











Time for bubbles! Jaydin, Dryden, Sophia, and Benjamin are having a great time in the bubbles 'under the sea.'












Time for cake!!













Party number 2. Jaydin and the birthday girl, Madeline.















There was a surprise visit from Cinderella, and she came prepared to face paint! What fun. Jaydin and a new friend were waiting in line for their face painting experience.












More yummy sugar for the day! This time, though, it was on real china. :)













This party had an absolutely INVASION of little princesses. WOW! There were a bunch of little girls there. They all had such a great time.











One happy little girl. She took a bit of a nap on the way home. It's a good thing. She had one more party to attend that night.









We went home from party #2 and picked up the rest of the family (and Victoria). We went to celebrate my hubby's father's birthday. We went to Longhorn's for supper and then, back to their house to have (yet more) cake and ice cream. :) Thank goodness that we could change into regular clothes for this one.



More cake. Can you say 'day of the sugar rush?!' LOL!!














Grandpa's birthday! We hope he had a great one. We enjoyed sharing the evening with him.










Jaydin had a great day, but we were very, very tired at the end. We put the dress away because I have a feeling that we'll be needing it for one or two more parties before she grows out of it. :)




Live the life, and live it well.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell, these pics are priceless! I just love Jaydin's princess costume. You should let her have a tea party & wear it again & take more pics. I sure wish I had done more of that w/my DD when she were little. Of course, that was b4 I knew anything about scrapbooking..

amymom24 said...

Well, Jaydin must've thought she was in heaven with all the sugar and princess parties! WOW! She looks adorable in that dress:) Hopefully she will have fun dressing up in it at home, too. LOL about her hands while doing the limbo. How classy!;)

Anonymous said...

great pics, the princesses were sweet...tfs

Soni B